Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

E-mail Me

My Blog Profile

Technorati search

    WWW
    ...in the outer...

My Amazon Wish List

    Search Now:

Subscribe

Help fuel my writing dream...

My Bloglines Subs & Stuff

    Listed by category are subscriptions to blogs I monitor and read. Check them out!

    Note: Sites listed by this blog does not imply endorsement of anything except when they promote this site.

Other Cool Sites I Visit

Recommended for your Library


    Ethics: The Heart of Leadership

    Edited by Joanne Ciulla. An important collection of essays by philosophers, leadership and management thinkers considering the role of ethics in leadership


    Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness

    By Robert K. Greenleaf, Larry C. Spears, Stephen R. Covey. Servant and leader--can these two roles be fused in one real person in all levels of status and calling?


    Warranted Christian Belief

    By Alvin Plantinga. Third in a trilogy of works on the issue of warrant - the basis of the rationality of Christian beliefs written by arguably the most important philosopher of religion alive today


    Renovation of the Heart

    By Dallas Willard. A philosopher and quintessential Christian teacher relates and reflects on what it means to put on the character of Christ.


    Foreign Bodies

    By Hwee Hwee Tan. An impressive first novel by young new author from Singapore acclaimed as an up and coming Pulitzer Prize winner


    Mammon Inc.

    By Hwee-Hwee Tan. Second novel by this very important young new author from Singapore applauded the world over, including The Times in London and the New York Times


    Three Philosophies of Life

    By Peter Kreeft. Three life philosophies presented through the works of three of Scriptures most beautiful poetry books, Job, Ecclesiastes and Songs of Solomon


    Horrendous Evil and the Goodness of God

    By Marilyn McCord-Adams. A seminal response to the age-old problem of evil which attempts to take seriously the theological ramifications of the character of God


    Blink

    By Malcolm Gladwell. Blink is about the first two seconds of looking--the decisive glance that knows in an instant.


    Smart Mobs

    By Howard Rheingold. A social commentary about how "sophisticated mobile Internet access is allowing people who don't know each other to act in concert".


    Linked

    By Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. An engaging treatise about the fundamentals of interconnectedness and complexity that underlies neurology, epidemiology, Internet traffic, and many other fields.


    The Peaceable Kingdom

    By Stanley Hauerwas. A clear explication of a Christian ethic based upon the meaning of the gospel, highlighting virtues and character, and narrative as a mode of ethical reflection.


    The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel & Kingdom, Gospel & Wisdom, Gospel & Revelation

    By Graeme Goldsworthy. A collection of masterful works expositing on the centrality of the Scriptures: the gospel of Jesus Christ.


    Grace and Law: St. Paul, Kant, and the Hebrew Prophets

    By Heinz Cassirer. A Kantian scholar looks at the Old Testament Law, and Paul's understanding of it, concluding that Kant's delimma is answered by the gospel of grace.

The Un-Right Christians

Progressive Christian Blogger Network

Church Directory of Evangelical Blogs

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

BlogExplosion is interfering with my life!

There is one thing I do not complain about BlogExplosion. It sure delivered on its promise: to explode this site with visitors. So, before BlogExplosion, I had maybe 2 or 3 visitors to my site a day, and on a good day 10 or 15. After BlogExplosion, I have 100, sometimes 200 a day.

But the cost?

It has sucked me into this insidious 30-second finger tap-dance. Yes, I did find
some sites among the hundreds I have visited that I really enjoyed reading and would consider going back, and yes, I did get new visitors to my sites, and quite a number who have commented on different posts. For that I am really grateful.

But, I also think that it has (1) changed the way I spend my time, (2) perhaps, also, changed a few of my formerly regular visitors, and more importantly, (3) changed the way I blog!

I think now I am blogging
less, because well, after surfing, I don't have much time left! And, because I don't have much time to blog, I have not been blogging on all the different topics I intended to when I started this blog. Plus, I have also been neglecting the housekeeping aspects of running my blog.

So, it begs the question: why am I blogging? Do I blog so that I get visitors, 90% of whom who have no interest in what I have to say, and can't wait to get out of my site, or do I blog for me?

Actually that is the key reason I started this blog. For me. But, of course, part of the "me" reason, I suppose, is also this ego-driven craving for an audience--the need to have an interaction with the outside world. Perhaps, that is the problem.

On the one hand, there is a need to know that people are reading this stuff and that they are responding to it. Yet, on the other hand, my conscious mind claims that I am doing this because I want to do it. And that it is for my own processing of what has gone on in my life, and for putting my own thoughts down, and for my own therapy. So, what is it? I don't really know now. Do you have the same dilemma, especially those of you BE-addicts? Should we go to our 12-step meeting now?

In anycase, this is what I am going to do in for at least the next seven days. I am going to resist the temptation to
surf for credits, even if that means a reduction of visitors to my site, and I am going to spend the next week, writing and visiting blogs like I used to do before BlogExplosion, with the exception of also visiting the blogmarked sites as well. Let's see how long I can withstand the temptation not do the click-clickety thingy...