Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

E-mail Me

My Blog Profile

Technorati search

    WWW
    ...in the outer...

My Amazon Wish List

    Search Now:

Subscribe

Help fuel my writing dream...

My Bloglines Subs & Stuff

    Listed by category are subscriptions to blogs I monitor and read. Check them out!

    Note: Sites listed by this blog does not imply endorsement of anything except when they promote this site.

Other Cool Sites I Visit

Recommended for your Library


    Ethics: The Heart of Leadership

    Edited by Joanne Ciulla. An important collection of essays by philosophers, leadership and management thinkers considering the role of ethics in leadership


    Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness

    By Robert K. Greenleaf, Larry C. Spears, Stephen R. Covey. Servant and leader--can these two roles be fused in one real person in all levels of status and calling?


    Warranted Christian Belief

    By Alvin Plantinga. Third in a trilogy of works on the issue of warrant - the basis of the rationality of Christian beliefs written by arguably the most important philosopher of religion alive today


    Renovation of the Heart

    By Dallas Willard. A philosopher and quintessential Christian teacher relates and reflects on what it means to put on the character of Christ.


    Foreign Bodies

    By Hwee Hwee Tan. An impressive first novel by young new author from Singapore acclaimed as an up and coming Pulitzer Prize winner


    Mammon Inc.

    By Hwee-Hwee Tan. Second novel by this very important young new author from Singapore applauded the world over, including The Times in London and the New York Times


    Three Philosophies of Life

    By Peter Kreeft. Three life philosophies presented through the works of three of Scriptures most beautiful poetry books, Job, Ecclesiastes and Songs of Solomon


    Horrendous Evil and the Goodness of God

    By Marilyn McCord-Adams. A seminal response to the age-old problem of evil which attempts to take seriously the theological ramifications of the character of God


    Blink

    By Malcolm Gladwell. Blink is about the first two seconds of looking--the decisive glance that knows in an instant.


    Smart Mobs

    By Howard Rheingold. A social commentary about how "sophisticated mobile Internet access is allowing people who don't know each other to act in concert".


    Linked

    By Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. An engaging treatise about the fundamentals of interconnectedness and complexity that underlies neurology, epidemiology, Internet traffic, and many other fields.


    The Peaceable Kingdom

    By Stanley Hauerwas. A clear explication of a Christian ethic based upon the meaning of the gospel, highlighting virtues and character, and narrative as a mode of ethical reflection.


    The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel & Kingdom, Gospel & Wisdom, Gospel & Revelation

    By Graeme Goldsworthy. A collection of masterful works expositing on the centrality of the Scriptures: the gospel of Jesus Christ.


    Grace and Law: St. Paul, Kant, and the Hebrew Prophets

    By Heinz Cassirer. A Kantian scholar looks at the Old Testament Law, and Paul's understanding of it, concluding that Kant's delimma is answered by the gospel of grace.

The Un-Right Christians

Progressive Christian Blogger Network

Church Directory of Evangelical Blogs

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I've Got Some (new) Traffic! Wooohoooo!

Whatever the (Big) Ten Christians Blogs are doing, they are doing something right (at least from my myopic perspective)! La Shawn Barber linked one of my posts today, and I am beginning to get some traffic from there. Those of you who are regular (all 10 of you! hehe, honestly, I don't know how many of you are regular readers) over here might remember my giddy brouhaha about my Large Mammal status (it made me check my gut in the mirror a couple of times, at least) on the TTLB Ecosystem.

Though many sites are linking to me by virtue of the fact that I am on the
Blogdom of God and the Church Directory, it may be a fact that not many people are even aware of my blog's existence. So, today, when I checked my stats, it was gratifying to see not one, not two, but several referrals from Ms Barber. Thanks, sister! Not only am I getting traffic, I am also getting people who are willing to engage me in conversation. This is so cool. By the way, if you have come by here because of a link from another site, please post a comment and say, "Hi!" I'd love to hear from you.

I must say, I am not really sure how many of my readers are regular readers. I know I just recently gained a "regular" in
Cindy Swanson, whose posts, when I first stumbled upon her site, resonated with me as she shared about her grief experience. Recently she left a comment over here to say that she has just discovered how to use Bloglines, she will be a more regular reader now! And, so have I (discovered Bloglines)! Recently I decided to go through my links of various Blog "accessories" and discovered how to use, for instance, Bloglines and finally found out how to activate my BlogStreet account as well! I have now added my Bloglines subs to the left. There are a few sites I read that I am not able to subscribe to, but that's ok for now. So I am now enjoying my Blogline account and found that I need not hop from blog to blog to read, but can just scroll through the updated blogs on my Blogline account and find posts of interest! Also, I find it easy to add to my subscription with just a right click with my Firefox extension! That's so cool!

Another thing I have done is also finally got Richard Hall of
Connexions to add me to the Un-Right Christians Blogroll and Aggregator. I applied sometime ago after searching for a niche group to belong to and feeling a little more acutely the "in-the-outer-ness"- something about my identity crisis and the need to belong, you know, but initially, there were problems with my XML Feed apparently. Richard did some feed magic and presto, now I am part of a group of more or less like-minded sojourner-bloggers!

And I think that is the cool thing about the blogosphere. It allows you to enter into this whole new world of people all having different views and opinions and yet we can still share camaderie and fellowship with one another. We can shoot the breeze together in the imaginary bar. You just have to BYO beer, nuts or whatever else you do when you chinwag away with your pals. The beauty is you can do it with a laptop, in your pajamas, and watching Alias all at the same time!