Name:
Location: Irvine, California, United States

E-mail Me

My Blog Profile

Technorati search

    WWW
    ...in the outer...

My Amazon Wish List

    Search Now:

Subscribe

Help fuel my writing dream...

My Bloglines Subs & Stuff

    Listed by category are subscriptions to blogs I monitor and read. Check them out!

    Note: Sites listed by this blog does not imply endorsement of anything except when they promote this site.

Other Cool Sites I Visit

Recommended for your Library


    Ethics: The Heart of Leadership

    Edited by Joanne Ciulla. An important collection of essays by philosophers, leadership and management thinkers considering the role of ethics in leadership


    Servant Leadership: A Journey into the Nature of Legitimate Power and Greatness

    By Robert K. Greenleaf, Larry C. Spears, Stephen R. Covey. Servant and leader--can these two roles be fused in one real person in all levels of status and calling?


    Warranted Christian Belief

    By Alvin Plantinga. Third in a trilogy of works on the issue of warrant - the basis of the rationality of Christian beliefs written by arguably the most important philosopher of religion alive today


    Renovation of the Heart

    By Dallas Willard. A philosopher and quintessential Christian teacher relates and reflects on what it means to put on the character of Christ.


    Foreign Bodies

    By Hwee Hwee Tan. An impressive first novel by young new author from Singapore acclaimed as an up and coming Pulitzer Prize winner


    Mammon Inc.

    By Hwee-Hwee Tan. Second novel by this very important young new author from Singapore applauded the world over, including The Times in London and the New York Times


    Three Philosophies of Life

    By Peter Kreeft. Three life philosophies presented through the works of three of Scriptures most beautiful poetry books, Job, Ecclesiastes and Songs of Solomon


    Horrendous Evil and the Goodness of God

    By Marilyn McCord-Adams. A seminal response to the age-old problem of evil which attempts to take seriously the theological ramifications of the character of God


    Blink

    By Malcolm Gladwell. Blink is about the first two seconds of looking--the decisive glance that knows in an instant.


    Smart Mobs

    By Howard Rheingold. A social commentary about how "sophisticated mobile Internet access is allowing people who don't know each other to act in concert".


    Linked

    By Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. An engaging treatise about the fundamentals of interconnectedness and complexity that underlies neurology, epidemiology, Internet traffic, and many other fields.


    The Peaceable Kingdom

    By Stanley Hauerwas. A clear explication of a Christian ethic based upon the meaning of the gospel, highlighting virtues and character, and narrative as a mode of ethical reflection.


    The Goldsworthy Trilogy: Gospel & Kingdom, Gospel & Wisdom, Gospel & Revelation

    By Graeme Goldsworthy. A collection of masterful works expositing on the centrality of the Scriptures: the gospel of Jesus Christ.


    Grace and Law: St. Paul, Kant, and the Hebrew Prophets

    By Heinz Cassirer. A Kantian scholar looks at the Old Testament Law, and Paul's understanding of it, concluding that Kant's delimma is answered by the gospel of grace.

The Un-Right Christians

Progressive Christian Blogger Network

Church Directory of Evangelical Blogs

Monday, January 31, 2005

King of the Blogs

Yes! I finally got selected to enter the King of the Blogs tournament. This is a tournament between three blogs at any one time to see which is going to get the coveted title at the end of the week. The judging is based on the blog's design, content, the creativity of the blogger in answer to a challenge question, and also the ability of the blog to draw support from its readers (that means YOU). Please read on to find out how YOU can HELP me!

I have been trying to get into this tournament in a while, and then last night, I received an e-mail stating that I have been selected as an entrant, but the problem was, it says the competition was to run from December 13, 2004! An exchange of emails resolved the issue, and then I found out that I needed to put the King of the Blogs tournament announcement on the my side bar.

I promptly did it, and it messed up my page layout. Those of you who are regular might remember that I was
tinkling around with my template, and those of you (the 1 or 2 of you??) who have been reading my blog since then might remember that a couple of months ago, complained about some of the things I find unsatisfactory with my blogging experience and contemplating a change, which I still am!

Back to this morning, and my attmept at fixing the template after adding the King of the Blogs announcement to my side bar, as you might guess, I am still very much a novice in this html/css thingamajig, so it took me a while to try to get things to look ok, especially in IE. I run Firefox on my main laptop that I use for most of my blogging, and it always look fine in Firefox, but whenever I checked it with my other computers, using IE, the page always look suspect. In any case, I have successfully "fixed" the page display and it ought to be fine, I think!

But now I need your help! I need you to do a few things: Please

(1) Vote for me (you can do it
here)
(2) Make a trackback to that page, mentioning your support for me!

Leave me a comment here if you do that, and I will enter you on a draw for something nice! I promise! In fact, here is what I would like you to do: Vote, Trackback, Comment, suggest a gift for a draw prize. I don't promise that you will get the prize, but I do promise that you will get lotsa heartfelt thanks and one of you will definitely win a nice prize. I am thinking a gift voucher to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or something.

UPDATE: I just checked out the the other two sites that I have been pitted up against and I am trembling in my knees. I mean, doesn't it sucks that I am competing against Beautiful and Radical? I mean, how can I win when I am neither? But wait. Maybe I can. This isn't a beauty nor a popularity contest! Be that as it may, don't forget to VOTE and TRACKBACK for me. And, most of all don't forget my bribe free gift for the lucky winner! You know you love me want the gift card!